It is hard to be patient while waiting for your marketing efforts to equal the goals you set. It is difficult to wait and see no immediate results, but building a brand while publishing blogs, newsletters, and establishing a social media presence is a crucial first step. You will see results, but you have to wait and put in the work.
Publishing one newsletter, or posting a few times on social media and expecting a flood of new clientele, or expecting to appear on the first page of Google's search results isn't realistic. If you continue to follow your marketing plan and you are consistent, over time, it will establish loyalty, a steady following, and referrals. This will also help with your SEO, and soon you will get closer to your goal of appearing on Google's first page of search results.
Regardless of whether you are doing the marketing yourself, or using a marketing agency like fieldEleven, here is what you should do regularly:
- Encourage satisfied clients/patients to leave online reviews.
- Keep your office on-brand: Keep your business cards and other branded material at your front desk/checkout. If you provide coffee or fresh fruit to your clients/patients, keep it stocked. If you serve children, make sure the toys are clean and the crayons are not broken, etc. Keep your office/store clean and tidy.
- Post on social media 2-3 times a week.
- Add new clients/patients to your email database.
- Reply to social media comments.
- Reply to new online reviews.
- Publish a new blog post.
- Send out client/patient communications (newsletter).
- Get involved in your community.
Although we all want to see results immediately, it takes time to build a good brand and for clients/patients to start responding. It is worth the wait. By building your brand, you will get the type of clientele that fits your brand.